The researchers discovered that BCG regimes are associated with better COVID-19 outcomes, both in reducing infection rates and death rates per million, especially for ages 24 or younger who had received the vaccination in the last 15 years. There was no effect among older adults who had received the BCG vaccine. Many countries have stopped inoculating their entire population, but some still use BCG widely.
- Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
- COVID-19 studies should also focus on mucosal immunity, researchers argue
- Measuring broken hearts: divorce has negative effects on physical and mental health
- Scientists reveal regions of the brain where serotonin promotes patience
- Mine ponds amplify mercury risks in Peru’s Amazon