Novateur’s research proposes simple treatment paradigm using two generic drugs, directed to blocking inflammation in airways of patients with asthma, to target hyper-inflammatory response insevere COVID-19. This will be accomplished by combination of leukotriene biosynthesis blocker zileuton (Zyflo® controlled release formulation) and inhibitor of cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor montelukast (Singulair®). Both these agents have been on market for many years, and their activity and side effects in humans are well known.
- Trying to beat a coke habit with cannabis? Not so fast !
- Secrets of traumatic stress hidden in the brain are exposed
- Pace of prehistoric human innovation could be revealed by ‘linguistic thermometer’
- Harpy eagles could be under greater threat than previously thought
- Children can bypass age verification procedures in popular social media apps