Novateur’s research proposes simple treatment paradigm using two generic drugs, directed to blocking inflammation in airways of patients with asthma, to target hyper-inflammatory response insevere COVID-19. This will be accomplished by combination of leukotriene biosynthesis blocker zileuton (Zyflo® controlled release formulation) and inhibitor of cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor montelukast (Singulair®). Both these agents have been on market for many years, and their activity and side effects in humans are well known.
- Volunteers receiving government aid while unemployed face scrutiny, bias from public
- The testimony of trees: How volcanic eruptions shaped 2000 years of world history
- Building walls that will make summer heat waves more bearable
- How hormone therapy slows progression of atherosclerosis
- Could your menopause symptoms be hard on your heart?