Despite the nation’s growing reliance on emergency departments, large areas of rural America are experiencing shortages emergency physicians, according to a new emergency medicine workforce analysis in Annals of Emergency Medicine.
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media
- New material ‘mines’ copper from toxic wastewater
- Potential treatment against antibiotic-resistant bacteria causing gonorrhea and meningitis
- Brain waves guide us in spotlighting surprises
- Most adults over 50 say they’ll get vaccinated against COVID-19, but many want to wait