In a new study, Texas A&M University researchers have used a natural plant product, called cellulose nanocrystals, to pin and coat carbon nanotubes uniformly onto the carbon-fiber composites. The researchers said their prescribed method is quicker than conventional methods and also allows the designing of carbon-fiber composites from the nanoscale.
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media
- New material ‘mines’ copper from toxic wastewater
- Potential treatment against antibiotic-resistant bacteria causing gonorrhea and meningitis
- Brain waves guide us in spotlighting surprises
- Most adults over 50 say they’ll get vaccinated against COVID-19, but many want to wait