Ganesh Balasubramanian, P.C. Rossin assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering & Mechanics at Lehigh University, and his graduate student Joydeep Munshi demonstrated that adding small molecules to a semiconducting polymer blend enhances the performance and stability of material used in organic solar cells. The study is described in an article, ‘Elasto-morphology of P3HT:PCBM bulk heterojunction organic solar cells’ featured on the back cover of Soft Matter.
- Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
- COVID-19 studies should also focus on mucosal immunity, researchers argue
- Measuring broken hearts: divorce has negative effects on physical and mental health
- Scientists reveal regions of the brain where serotonin promotes patience
- Mine ponds amplify mercury risks in Peru’s Amazon