More than 380,000 babies are born prematurely in the United States each year, according to the March of Dimes. ‘Preemies’ can be severely underweight babies and struggle to get the nutrients they need from breast milk alone, so neonatal intensive care units provide an additional milk fortifier, either in the form of cow’s milk or manufactured from donor breast milk, to keep them healthy.
- UMD-led study shows fear and anxiety share same bases in brain
- Patients who had more severe covid-19 may be the best donors for convalescent plasma therapy
- Astrophysics team lights the way for more accurate model of the universe
- Tropical cyclones moving faster in recent decades
- Untreated sleep apnea is associated with flu hospitalization