Patients with undiagnosed flu symptoms who actually had COVID-19 last winter were among thousands of undetected early cases of the disease at the beginning of this year. In a new paper in The Lancet’s open-access journal EClinicalMedicine, epidemiological researchers from The University of Texas at Austin estimated COVID-19 to be far more widespread in Wuhan, China, and Seattle, Washington, weeks ahead of lockdown measures in each city.
- New roles for clinicians in the age of artificial intelligence
- Mosquito-borne viruses linked to stroke
- Increasing the effectiveness of immunotherapy against skin cancer
- After developing CRISPR test, UConn researchers validate clinical feasibility for COVID-19 testing
- Most homemade masks are doing a great job, even when we sneeze, study finds