Previously, scientists have determined that entry of SARS-CoV-2 into cells occurs through a receptor on the cell surface, known as ACE2. But the McMaster-Waterloo team has found that the ACE2 receptor is at very low levels in human lung tissue.
- A new strategy of cell entry for some types of parvoviruses
- Climate pledges ‘like tackling COVID-19 without social distancing’
- Provide shady spots to protect butterflies from climate change, say scientists
- Sweet success: Heavy consumption of sugary beverages declined in the US from 2003 to 2016
- Sky islands and tropical alpine sunflowers at risk of disappearing