Greater rates of Colorado’s children are going to the pediatric emergency department as a result of dog bites during the COVID-19 pandemic. The incidence of visits for dog bites to Children’s Hospital Colorado’s emergency department in spring 2020 was nearly triple that of last year’s rates at the same time. Moreover, high rates of dog bite injuries have continued even as statewide stay-at-home orders have relaxed over time.
- GSA publishes seven articles on COVID-19 and aging
- Likely molecular mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis are revealed by network biology
- From carbon taxes to tax breaks, emission reduction policies have widespread support
- Poll: Americans’ views of systemic racism divided by race
- Uncovering new understanding of Earth’s carbon cycle