While infant mortality rates (IMR) decreased overall from 2007 to 2015 in California, disparities in infant death rates have increased in some groups, including among obese mothers, those who smoke and African American women, according to a new study published in PLOS One.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact