Project Raphael, a novel social incubator for improving health in disadvantaged regions, was developed by Bar-Ilan University to create academic-community partnerships that define and address the most pressing health needs in northern Israel. Raphael offers local community and health organizations an opportunity to define the most pressing problems in their communities, and develop creative solutions. Thirteen organizations whose proposals were implemented were closely tracked over time and tangible improvements in health for disadvantaged populations resulted.
- Boys’ club barriers create issues for Australian boards
- Controlling ultrastrong light-matter coupling at room temperature
- Inside the secret lives of synchronous fireflies
- KIST develops ambient vibration energy harvester with automatic resonance tuning mechanism
- Study finds lung transplant patients not given antifungal preventive drugs have higher risk of death