Researchers have developed a simplified process that could enhance personalization of cancer therapy based on a single nuclear medicine scan. The novel method uses a follow-up single photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography (SPECT/CT) scan to obtain reliable radiation dose estimates to tumors and at-risk organs. The study is published in The Journal of Nuclear Medicine.
- Your cells look young for their age, compared to a chimp’s
- Male baboons with female friends live longer
- ESMO 2020: Breast cancer drug set to transform prostate cancer treatment
- No benefit for post-operative radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer
- First new drug in years reduces recurrence in high risk HR+ early breast cancer