An MIT study finds windy conditions can weaken St. Elmo’s fire, the phenomenon when electrically conductive structures spontaneously emit a flash of blue light, when it’s generated by aircraft and other ungrounded objects.
- Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
- COVID-19 studies should also focus on mucosal immunity, researchers argue
- Measuring broken hearts: divorce has negative effects on physical and mental health
- Scientists reveal regions of the brain where serotonin promotes patience
- Mine ponds amplify mercury risks in Peru’s Amazon