Axial spondyloarthritis (axSpA) is associated with chronic back pain. Although the first symptoms frequently occur at an early age, often many years pass until the correct diagnosis is made. This is unsatisfactory as late diagnosis can lead to a poorer prognosis, more severe disease outcomes and delaying the start of effective therapies, thus impairing the quality of life of patients with axSpA.
- Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
- COVID-19 studies should also focus on mucosal immunity, researchers argue
- Measuring broken hearts: divorce has negative effects on physical and mental health
- Scientists reveal regions of the brain where serotonin promotes patience
- Mine ponds amplify mercury risks in Peru’s Amazon