Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles, have found evidence of signature brain activity in infants that predicted ASD symptoms later at 18 months old. The work, led by Shafali Jeste, MD, at UCLA appears in Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging, published by Elsevier.
- New material ‘mines’ copper from toxic wastewater
- Potential treatment against antibiotic-resistant bacteria causing gonorrhea and meningitis
- Brain waves guide us in spotlighting surprises
- Most adults over 50 say they’ll get vaccinated against COVID-19, but many want to wait
- Which speaker are you listening to? Hearing aid of the future uses brainwaves to find out