A new study, led by Dr. Ruchika Anand and Prof. Andreas Reichert, Heinrich-Heine-University Duesseldorf, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Germany, now found that two lipid-binding proteins located inside of mitochondria control the overall stability of these batteries. This study provides the first link between mitochondrial structure, lipids and assembly of large respiratory protein units of mitochondria and their importance in diabetes and heart diseases.
- US fishing and seafood industries saw broad declines last summer due to COVID-19
- New study compiles four years of corn loss data from 26 states and Ontario, Canada
- NIH scientists identify nutrient that helps prevent bacterial infection
- UW researchers develop tool to equitably distribute limited vaccines
- Researchers trace geologic origins of Gulf of Mexico ‘super basin’ success