Irina Shtangeeva is a researcher at the Department of Soil Science and Soil Ecology, St Petersburg University. She has studied the ability of wheat and couch grass to accumulate toxic substances. Both plants were capable of absorbing various chemical elements from contaminated soils. Although the plants were able to accumulate high concentrations of toxicants, they could survive under negative environmental conditions
- Texas A&M study: Marine heatwaves can strengthen hurricanes
- Hackers targeting companies that fake corporate responsibility
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
- Scientists discover bacterium linked to deadly childhood disorder
- Can organic plant protection products damage crops?