A Korean research team has reported important findings that could potentially improve the performance of retinal prostheses creating artificial vision for blind individuals. The Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) had found retinal neural signals arising from electric stimulation are altered depending on disease progression in mice affected by outer retinal degeneration. This research was done in collaboration with Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Ecological power storage battery made of vanillin
- The most sensitive optical receivers yet for space communications
- The development of climate security discourse in Japan
- Foreign election interference focuses on cultivating distrust, reducing consensus
- COVID-19 infects majority of bad dreams — study