Subtropical weather phenomenon likely to bring greater rainfall – and drought – by 2100. A Q&A with scientist Bin Wang on how Berkeley Lab is helping cities prepare for a major shift in our transportation and grid sectors. Berkeley Lab founder, cyclotron inventor, and Nobel laureate Ernest Lawrence, honored with a memorial highway in his home state.
- Faced with shortages, researchers combine heat and humidity to disinfect N95 masks
- 160 genes linked to brain shrinkage in study of 45,000 adults
- Ascorbic acid-mediated reactions in organic synthesis
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- Coldest Northern Hemisphere temperature, first recorded by UW, officially confirmed