Skoltech researchers have used the supercomputer to perform a very precise sensitivity analysis to reveal crucial parameters for different crop yields in the chernozem region of Russia, famous for its high-quality, fertile soil. Agricultural lands occupy 13 percent of the territory of Russia, droughts, dryness, humus reserves exhaustion are the major negative factor for national agriculture. Being able to simulate all possible variants, reveal the most crucial parameters without time-consuming and costly work is important.
- Football-loving states slow to enact youth concussion laws
- Lab results don’t explain ‘obesity paradox,’ but bias may
- New device offers faster way to detect antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Flashy lizards are more attractive to mates and to predators
- Octapharma USA presents bleeding disorders research at virtual ASH annual meeting