Climate researchers led by the University of Iowa have found a link between hurricanes that form in the Atlantic Ocean – and threaten the United States – and a weather system in East Asia. A jet stream originating in East Asia carries an atmospheric wave to the Atlantic Ocean that affects wind shear – a key element in whether tropical storms develop.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact