University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine researchers created a reporter mouse strain in pursuit of a new way to answer an old question: Is purinergic receptor gene P2X2 expressed in particular populations of sensory nerve cells? They were surprised, but encouraged, to find P2X2 expressed in a very limited subset of neurons.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact