Materials science researchers have demonstrated the first electrically injected laser made with germanium tin. Used as a semiconducting material for circuits on electronic devices, the diode laser could improve micro-processing speed and efficiency at much lower costs.
- NASA finds Tropical Storm Dolphin going swimmingly
- Regulatory T cells could lead to new immunotherapies aimed at treating multiple sclerosis
- Children with COVID-19 show different immune responses, but better outcomes than adults
- Evaluating impacts of COVID-19 lockdowns on children and young people
- Modeling future COVID-19 cases under a variety of immune responses, and with or without vaccines