Sustainable flip-flops: A team of UC San Diego researchers has formulated polyurethane foams made from algae oil to meet commercial specifications for midsole shoes and the foot-bed of flip-flops. The results of their study are published in Bioresource Technology Reports and describe the team’s successful development of these sustainable, consumer-ready and biodegradable materials.
- Texas A&M study: Marine heatwaves can strengthen hurricanes
- Hackers targeting companies that fake corporate responsibility
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
- Scientists discover bacterium linked to deadly childhood disorder
- Can organic plant protection products damage crops?