UPV/EHU and BC3 researchers have analyzed the expected evolution of power supply and demand over the coming decades in Spain; they consider a future without nuclear and coal-based plants but with a greater share of renewable sources. They simulate security of supply in this scenario and evaluate to what extent hydro stations could help to alleviate the risk of a power supply shortage.
- Vessel noise present year-round at Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- Many ventilation systems may increase risk of COVID-19 exposure, study suggests
- OU-led study aims to use microbial information to inform global climate change models
- First ‘pathoconnectome’ could point toward new treatments for neurodegenerative diseases
- Untapped potential exists for blending hydropower, floating PV