Owners of electric multicookers may be able to add another use to its list of functions, a new study suggests: sanitization of N95 respirator masks. The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign study found that 50 minutes of dry heat in an electric cooker, such as a rice cooker or Instant Pot, decontaminated N95 respirators inside and out while maintaining their filtration and fit. This could enable wearers to safely reuse limited supplies of the respirators.
- Football-loving states slow to enact youth concussion laws
- Lab results don’t explain ‘obesity paradox,’ but bias may
- New device offers faster way to detect antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Flashy lizards are more attractive to mates and to predators
- Octapharma USA presents bleeding disorders research at virtual ASH annual meeting