Contrary to what has been generally assumed so far, a severe course of COVID-19 does not solely result in a strong immune reaction – rather, the immune response is caught in a continuous loop of activation and inhibition. Experts from Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the University of Bonn, the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE), the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) and the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF), along with colleagues from a nationwide research network, present these findings in Cell.
- Keyhole wasps may threaten aviation safety
- A cold-health watch and warning system for cold waves in Quebec
- Satellite images confirm uneven impact of climate change
- Understanding traditional Chinese medicine can help protect species
- Scientists claim controversial results of comets observations are consistent