The National Park Service (NPS) requested that the American Ornithological Society (AOS) assemble an expert panel to produce an independent report assessing the appropriateness of the current NPS beach management plan for the barrier islands of North Carolina’s Cape Hatteras National Seashore. In this new report, AOS finds evidence that, despite complaints from the public, the restrictions on recreational use provide significant benefits for vulnerable beach-nesting birds and sea turtles.
- College students with disabilities at greater risk for substance abuse
- European survey shows alarmingly low awareness of erectile dysfunction
- Black women may be less likely to receive timely treatment for breast cancer
- COVID-19 and the decolonization of Indigenous public health
- Spike in new nut anaphylaxis in children at Halloween and Easter