These proteins are a potential therapeutic target for enhancing the effect of some cancer treatments.Inhibition of TLK proteins triggers the Alternative Lengthening of Telomeres pathway, a common process in some of the most aggressive types of cancer, such as glioblastoma. The study, performed by the Genomic Instability and Cancer Laboratory at IRB Barcelona, has been published in the journal Cell Reports.
- Faced with shortages, researchers combine heat and humidity to disinfect N95 masks
- 160 genes linked to brain shrinkage in study of 45,000 adults
- Ascorbic acid-mediated reactions in organic synthesis
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- Coldest Northern Hemisphere temperature, first recorded by UW, officially confirmed