One million years ago, the extinction of large-bodied plant-eaters changed the trajectory of life on Earth. The disappearance of these large herbivores reshaped plant life, altered fire regimes across Earth’s landscapes, and modified biogeochemical cycling in such a way that Earth’s climate became slightly colder.
- Football-loving states slow to enact youth concussion laws
- Lab results don’t explain ‘obesity paradox,’ but bias may
- New device offers faster way to detect antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Flashy lizards are more attractive to mates and to predators
- Octapharma USA presents bleeding disorders research at virtual ASH annual meeting