Testing chemical compounds for their ability to cause cancer is one way in which scientists can identify hazardous chemicals and thereby protect public health. But, standard testing methods are usually complex and time-consuming. In a new paper published in Scientific Reports, scientists have described a novel testing method based on stem cells that may allow scientists to quickly assess large numbers of compounds for their carcinogenicity.
- Mathematics: Modelling the timings of a COVID-19 second wave in Europe
- New materials: A toggle switch for catalysis
- Placing barthelonids on the tree of life
- Battery fires: Industry and research must work together for safer batteries
- New tool mimics human skin to allow detailed study of mosquito biting