New research from Boston Medical Center found that patients experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms had improved outcomes when administered an Interleukin-6 (IL6ri) inhibitor, sarilumab or tocilizumab, given to mediate severe systemic inflammatory responses. The treatment was more effective when administered earlier in the disease course and reduced mortality rates and the need for intubation.
- Broad beans versus soybeans as feedstuff for dual-purpose chickens
- SLAC invention could make particle accelerators 10 times smaller
- New brain cell-like nanodevices work together to identify mutations in viruses
- Three genes predict success of naltrexone in alcohol dependence treatment
- Your neighborhood may raise your risk of chronic kidney disease