A team of chemists from HSE University and the Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry used molecular modelling to find out that two medications that have been known for a long time can be used to fight SARS-CoV-2. These are disulfiram, which is used to treat alcoholism, and neratinib, an experimental drug being used to treat breast cancer. The paper about the discovery has been available online since August 4, 2020, in the 4th issue of Mendeleev Communications journal.
- Increasing the effectiveness of cancer treatments: Anti-PD-L1 immunotherapy
- Nano-microscope gives first direct observation of the magnetic properties of 2D materials
- Human genetics: A look in the mirror
- Shift in West African wildmeat trade suggests erosion of cultural taboos
- Immunotherapy improves survival in advanced bladder cancer patients