For a long time, researchers have believed that there is not much of interest going on in the Sun during the passive period, therefore not worth studying. Now this assumption is showed to be false by Juha Kallunki, Merja Tornikoski and Irene Björklund, researchers at Metsähovi Radio Observatory, in their peer-reviewed research article published in Solar Physics. This is the first time that astronomers are systematically studying the phenomena of the solar minimum.
- ‘Best’ hospitals should be required to deliver tobacco treatment
- Suspension of fertility treatments during COVID-19 has mental health impacts
- 40% of O’ahu, Hawai’i beaches could be lost by mid-century
- E. coli bacteria offer path to improving photosynthesis
- Hyperbolic metamaterials exhibit 2T physics