The University of Kent’s School of Biosciences and the Institute of Medical Virology at Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, have identified that a glycoprotein known as transferrin may critically contribute to severe forms of COVID-19.
- New CRISPR-based test for COVID-19 uses a smartphone camera
- Virtual doctor visits are increasing, but use differs by patient race, age and insurance
- Airflow modeling suggests driving with all windows down safest to prevent COVID-19 transmission
- Lung tissue from COVID-19 patients and others reveals promising target to treat lung fibrosis
- Riding in a car in the pandemic: which windows to open?