A team from the University of Geneva has identified a new mechanism involved in the membrane synthesis of Staphylococcus aureus. When disrupted, this mechanism makes the pathogen sensitive to cold. The discovery of this physiological process could contribute to the fight against this pathogen that is difficult to treat due to its resistance to antibiotics
- Built to last: New copolymer binder to extend the life of lithium ion batteries
- Life’s rich pattern: Researchers use sound to shape the future of printing
- New method facilitates development of antibody-based drugs
- What can stream quality tell us about quality of life?
- Sports information on social networks leaves out women, disabled and minority disciplines