The recent rise of authoritarian nationalist movements has reinforced the tendency of many on the left, and some on the right, to reject all forms of nationalism, writes Rogers M. Smith in “Toward Progressive Narratives of American Identity,” published in Polity’s May Symposium on the Challenges Facing Democrats.
- A new look at Mars’ eerie, ultraviolet nighttime glow
- Provider access to chronic opioid prescribing resources improves guideline adherance
- Training neural circuits early in development improves response, study finds
- Study finds high levels of toxic pollutants in stranded dolphins and whales
- Few changes seen in ‘Big Five’ personality traits during early days of COVID-19 pandemic