The design of novel materials with superior characteristics by entropy stabilization is a very dynamic emerging research area in materials science. However, despite recent advances in entropy-stabilized metals and insulating ceramics targeted for structural applications, there is still a dearth of high-entropy semiconductors, which poses a major obstacle for the adoption of high-entropy materials in semiconducting functional applications. Our study aims to realize a novel class of the semiconducting entropy-stabilized chalcogenide alloys.
- Internet and freedom of speech, when metaphors give too much power
- Antibiotic resistance may spread even more easily than expected
- Cancer can be precisely diagnosed using a urine test with artificial intelligence
- Social influence matters when it comes to following pandemic guidelines
- The important role of pharmacists for older adults’ health