In a recently published study, investigators from Brigham and Women’s Hospital explore how the dynamics of bacterial species may influence the success of fecal microbiota transplantation in treating recurrent C. difficile infection. In Nature Communications, the team presents an algorithm to design personalized probiotic cocktails for patients with unhealthy gut microbiomes due to rCDI.
- Study finds high levels of toxic pollutants in stranded dolphins and whales
- Few changes seen in ‘Big Five’ personality traits during early days of COVID-19 pandemic
- NASA’s Maven observes martian night sky pulsing in ultraviolet light
- Study shows variation in hospital visitor & ICU communication policies due to COVID-19
- Arecibo Observatory returns from tropical storm Isaias lockdown to track asteroid for NASA