Scientists from Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Nanjing University propose and demonstrate a quantum evolution of fermions near an artificial black hole on a photonic chip. The acceleration, quantum creation and evolution of a fermion pair near the event horizon are observed: a single-photon wave packet with positive energy escapes from black hole while negative energy is captured. The extensible platform in the work also has the potentiality to investigate quantum gravity in future.
- First food-grade intermediate wheatgrass released
- Make the best of bad reviews by leveraging consumer empathy
- Children’s pester power a future target for interventions
- Childhood connection to nature has many benefits but is not universally positive, finds review
- Citizen scientists help geologists to identify earthquakes and tectonic tremors