A joint report from Trinity College Dublin researchers and age charity ALONE highlights effects of COVID-19 government measures on Ireland’s older population. The research finds that public health measures such as social distancing and cocooning to curb the spread of the virus has increased levels of loneliness and social isolation in older people.
- Experts see substantial danger to democratic stability around 2020 election
- Giving the immune system a double boost against cancer
- Sexual health often overlooked in cancer survivorship care, especially for female patients
- Stereotypes and discrimination contribute to HIV-related stigma among nursing staff
- Can glucose-lowering drugs impact mortality in COVID-19 patients with type 2 diabetes?