Medicated chewing gum has been recognised as a new advanced drug delivery method but currently there is no gold standard for testing drug release from chewing gum in vitro. New research by the University of Bristol has shown a chewing robot with built-in humanoid jaws could provide opportunities for pharmaceutical companies to develop medicated chewing gum.
- Study shows myocarditis linked to COVID-19 not as common as believed
- Water fleas on ‘happy pills’ have more offspring
- Breakthrough quantum-dot transistors create a flexible alternative to conventional electronics
- Losing ground in biodiversity hotspots worldwide
- Positive outlook predicts less memory decline