Here’s a good way to make sure a friend hates a gift from you: Say it will save him money.In a series of studies, researchers found that people reacted negatively to gifts that they were told – or that they inferred – were given to help them save money.
- First food-grade intermediate wheatgrass released
- Make the best of bad reviews by leveraging consumer empathy
- Children’s pester power a future target for interventions
- Childhood connection to nature has many benefits but is not universally positive, finds review
- Citizen scientists help geologists to identify earthquakes and tectonic tremors