Providing clean water to Soldiers in the field and citizens around the world is essential, and yet one of the world’s greatest challenges. Now a new super-wicking and super-light-absorbing aluminum material developed with Army funding could change that.With funding from the Army Research Office, researchers at the University of Rochester have developed a new aluminum panel that more efficiently concentrates solar energy to evaporate and purify contaminated water.
- Study measures effectiveness of different face mask materials when coughing
- Seesaw of Indo-Pacific summer monsoons triggered by the tropical Atlantic Ocean
- International team tracks record-setting smoke cloud from Australian wildfires
- Study finds seabird ecosystem shift in Falkland islands
- Shot of alcohol can help an irregular heartbeat