Patients who died from COVID in 2020 were almost 12 times more likely to die in a medical facility than patients who died from any cause in 2018, reports a new study. It is the first to look at place of death for these patients and how these distributions compare to previous trends in location of death for non-COVID-19 illnesses. ‘Where you die is important’ for end-of-life quality for patient and family, researchers said.
- How Twitter takes votes away from Trump but not from Republicans
- A new method to measure optical absorption in semiconductor crystals
- Advanced facade material for urban heat island mitigation
- Chemical scissors snip 2D transition metal dichalcogenides into nanoribbon
- Knee OA guidance for clinicians simplified and streamlined