Researchers have discovered that bacteria such as salmonella, E.coli and listeria have a backdoor to take advantage of humans’ reliance on leafy greens for a healthy diet. They found that wild strains of salmonella are delivering foodborne illnesses by circumventing a plant’s immune defense system, getting into the leaves of lettuce by opening up the plant’s tiny breathing pores.
- Does genomics perpetuate inequality?
- Drug treatment could improve effectiveness of immunotherapy for cancer patients
- Nurses and midwives take the lead in providing HIV services in Eastern and Southern Africa
- First Alaskan juvenile predator fossil adds insight to dino migration
- Researchers uncover a critical early step of the visual process