Summertime means Americans spend more time around grills, firepits, and fireworks, increasing their risk for fire-related burn injuries. While 53% of Americans say they know some or a lot about burn injuries and treatment, many mistakenly underestimate their risks with these activities, according to a new Arizona Burn Center at Valleywise Health/Ipsos survey. Only 11% know that fire-flame injuries such as those from a firepit or grill are the most common types of burn injuries.
- ATS publishes new guidance on safely restoring elective pulmonary and sleep services
- ‘Blinking” crystals may convert CO2 into fuels
- Breeding new rice varieties will help farmers in Asia
- New antiplatelet drug shows promise for treating heart attack
- NASA finds limited water vapor as depression 06E becomes a trough