The latest supplement to the American Ornithological Society’s Checklist of North and Middle American Birds, published in The Auk: Ornithological Advances, includes several major updates to the organization of the continent’s bird species, including the addition of the Mexican Duck and the removal of the Northwestern Crow. The official authority on the names and classification of the region’s birds, the checklist is consulted by birdwatchers and professional scientists alike and has been published since 1886.
- Recognising fake images using frequency analysis
- Streamlining quantum information transmission
- Graphene-Adsorbate van der Waals bonding memory inspires ‘smart’ graphene sensors
- Ethical recommendations for triage of COVID-19 patients
- Quantum simulation: Particle behavior near the event horizon of block hole