Using an in-home portable air cleaner (PAC) can significantly reduce exposure to fine-particle air pollutants — a major risk factor for cardiovascular events in people with pre-existing heart disease, reports a pilot study in the July issue of Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention. The journal is published in the Lippincott portfolio by Wolters Kluwer.
- Machining the heart: New predictor for helping to beat chronic heart failure
- Fish reef domes a boon for environment, recreational fishing
- Healthy offspring from testicular tissue plantation in mice: Retinoic acid key
- Pre-brain surgery test protects language in some tumors
- Publicizing police killings of unarmed black people causes emotional trauma, says Rutgers study