We revealed a multiple-step transformation mechanism using state-of-the-art time-resolved in-situ synchrotron x-ray diffraction. A temperature/time-dependent kinetic pathway with three distinctive transitions was identified in the structural evolution from metastable crystalline ice (ice VII or ice VIII) to the thermodynamically stable ice I. These intermediate processes compete against each other.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean